Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tax Free

We have lived in North Carolina for about 14 months now. I love living here, much more than I ever thought that I would. The area is beautiful, I love living on a lake. I love our neighborhood- it is quite but we have made some great friends here. The weather is much better than "up North" as the Southerners say, but I do find myself occasionally complaining about the heat. Surprisingly, there are few things I find myself missing about Pennsylvania, despite having lived there for 12 years. That being said, this weekend made me feel nostalgia for PA. This weekend is tax-free weekend in NC. They do it twice a year, but this is the big one, right before back-to-school. This weekend there is no tax on clothes, shoes, and other back to school items. Of course in PA there was never tax on clothes, so that was a big adjustment when we moved here. Of course I had to take advantage of this tax vacation. Friday morning I loaded Owen into the car and we went to Target and the mall and got ourselves some tax-free clothes! A lot of stores have sales to coincide with this event, which is even better. I scored Wes a pair of jeans he needed, a few things for myself, and most importantly clothes for the boys in the next size. Owen didn't have quite as much fun as I did, but at least he was cooperative!

No comments:

Post a Comment