Thursday, August 6, 2009

Random Fever

It feels like this summer has been one illness after another at our house. Probably the worst of which the complications after my wisdom tooth extraction and the surgery that resulted, but luckily nothing too serious.

I got a call today from Carter's school that he was complaining of not feeling well and had 102 degree fever. His seat was in Wes' car so I called him to let him know he needed to pick him up. Wes took him straight to Urgent Care where he was given a (mostly) clean bill of health. His temperature was just over 100 under his armpit when they took it, so really just over 101. Other than that, no symptoms. They did an exam and swabbed him for strep and everything was fine. The doctor said to keep him hydrated and watch him, but it is probably nothing.

He came home and wanted to lay on the couch and watch a show, but within no time was adamant about "helping" me do laundry. By bedtime we had a little boy running around acting like his normal self telling us that no, it was not time for bed.

Of course as I post this I am knocking on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment