Friday, August 28, 2009

Sunday in the park

Carter has a super cool swingset in our backyard and loves to play on it. However, we also have so many nice parks in our area that are vastly underutilized by our family. I got home from my whirlwind trip to PA on Saturday evening and I had missed my family like nobody's business. We decided a fun family outing was in order for Sunday. Wes and I mulled over just what outing would be fun for the family and realized that places open much later on Sundays and all of our ideas would end up interfering with the boys' afternoon naps. We decided to go to Stumpy Creek Park. Carter was thrilled. Wes had taken the boys there once before and Carter couldn't stop talking about how much he loved the playground. It was so nice to be together as a family, having fun and enjoying the outdoors.

I even have some pictures to share. (Are you surprised?)Carter climbing the "spider web"

Daddy and Owen on the teeter-totter.

Carter taking my lunch order.

Daddy pushing O on the swing.

Uh, lean back!

O looking into the distance. Actually I think he was looking at Carter playing.

Smiley O'Reilly

Carter is perfectly capable of pumping his legs on the swing, but would rather be pushed. We are working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment