Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lip Progress

Yesterday we had another follow-up appointment with the Little Man's plastic surgeon. His lip looks good. (See below)

This is great news. I already knew it and you probably did too if you have looked at the many photos I have posted in the past few months, but it is good nonetheless. As I think I've made pretty clear, I do not like this particular doctor. I have great respect for his surgical ability and the good that he does for children in need. There are 4 million children in the world waiting for some type of cleft surgery. Because of this man and the fact that we are fortunate to have good health insurance, Owen is not one of those children. That being said, he is still and odd man prone to making offensive comments or just plain not listening. Yes Owen is the patient, but Owen is (almost) one and I am his mother, his advocate. I guess what I am saying is that I am still glad to have this man as part of Owen's medical team, but am unlikely to invite him to a dinner party. We follow-up again in 3-4 months.

This afternoon is Owen's VCUG, a voiding study that will give us more information about the condition of his bladder, relevant to what will take place during his surgery next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment