Monday, September 21, 2009

Kids say the darndest things: Volume 1

Carter, our oldest son is known fondly in our house as Boy 1. He is truly a joy. He is a little firecracker and has a bit of an attitude sometimes, but the reasons for this, the fuel behind it all is part of what makes him so special. He is loving, caring, kind, curious, and many times just plain hilarious. I wanted to take the time to share with you some of his latest revelations; some clever, some funny, and some that just plain blow me away.

Carter: Mama, what is your dad's name?
Me: (Even though he knows the answer) Jeff.
Carter: What is your mom's name?
Me: (Again he knows the answer) Sharyn
Carter: What is your grandpa's name?
Me: My grandpas were Joe and Frank.
Carter: They died, right?
Me: Yes they did.
Carter: So they are with God?
Me: Yes, they are in heaven with God.
Carter: Well, God won't sit on them.

Carter loves music. Some his favorites that crack me up right now are Technologic, "Boom Boom Pow" by the Black Eyed Peas (known to Carter as the Grey Eyed Peas), and "So What" by Pink.

Owen got a toy cell phone for his birthday. He likes to pretend to talk on it, but Carter really loves to talk on it. He can often be found conducting business, "Mama, I'm talking to a customer. I'm selling a printing press." He wants to be just like Daddy. A conversation he had the other day:

Carter: Ok, yes, I will see you later.
Me: Who were you talking to?
Carter: My daughter.
Me: Your daughter, what is her name?
Carter: Daughter.
Me: Oh, who is her Mama?
Carter: I don't know, just it is not you.

Wes: Carter, what do you want for breakfast (names options, all met with a no.)
Wes: What about a cereal bar?
Carter: No cereal bar.
Wes: But you love cereal bars, especially the granola ones with the chocolate chips.
Carter: Miss Naomi (his preschool teacher that moved away about a month and a half ago) says I should not have chocolate for breakfast so I don't want cereal bars anymore.

Carter calls receiving communion at church "getting Jesus bread". It is awesome seeing him get more and more into church.

I am sure I am forgetting a ton of what we call "Carter stories" that bring endless smiles to our faces. I will be back with more as the occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment