Monday, September 5, 2011

Now he is Three!

Saturday, August 27 was Owen's 3rd birthday. My baby is no longer a baby, although I still tell him "As long as I'm living my baby you'll be." My boy is 3. No matter which way I say it or how many times I say it I just can't believe it. We are blessed beyond measure to have this Little Man in our lives. Watching him grow, seeing him hit new milestones, experiencing all of the love and happiness that he shares every single day is just wonderful. His stubborn streak continues to grow. At times he can be quite a little pistol, but he is also just the sweetest guy. He is strong, he teaches me new things each and every day. I think the saying "wise beyond his years" is meant to describe Owen. Not that he spends his free time reading the encyclopedia or doing long division. He has this curious, yet intuitive nature that is hard to describe but is just obvious once you spend time with him. He is our cuddly boy, always crawling up on our bed or the couch to snuggle and say I love you. He and Carter are the best of friends. As Carter says, they are lovey brothers. Of course that is when they are not arguing about who gets to be the fireman, policeman, etc. depending on what they are pretending. Or wrestling. The funny part is that Owen definitely holds his own as the younger brother, and certainly gives Carter a run for his money.

For most of the year, Owen was in great health. We did switch pediatricians to a friend from church how is a pediatrician and internal medicine doctor. He is great with the boys and extremely thorough. We were so pleased that I began seeing him as my primary care physician also. As I wrote in an earlier post, in July Dr. Bill found a cholesteatoma, or benign growth on Owen's right ear drum. He had to have it removed just 8 days before his birthday. So much for a year free of surgery. In all seriousness, it was the most simple of the 8 surgeries he has had, and he was back to his happy-go-lucky self in no time.

We look forward to a whole lot more excitement as Owen continues to grow. For starters, he will be starting preschool tomorrow. I'm not sure he fully grasps what he's getting into, but his Mama is having a hard time just thinking about it. Also, Owen's Wish Trip to Disney World is coming up at the beginning of October. He got two Mickey Mouse shirts for his birthday to wear on our trip. Again, Happy Birthday Little Man. You are loved more than you know!

I will post pictures soon. I am having trouble figuring out how to post on Blogger on my new computer. It is a case of user error, nothing to do with the computer itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment