Sunday, November 8, 2009

Wonderful Friends

I have a group of wonderful Mommy friends that I have had the pleasure of knowing since we were all pregnant with our children who are Carter's age. Their support has always been extremely important to me. We have helped each other through a lot of Mommy stuff. It is wonderful to have people that are going through the same or similar things that you are and to be able to talk about it. There have been so many times in the past 4+ years that I have wondered what I would do without them.

The kindness of these women has always been obvious to me. However, just last week I was blown away by just how kind and loving they are. 12 of my friends collaborated to give my family an extremely generous gift. In a box delivered by the postman we found toys for each of the boys (which they were thrilled by) a gift card for Wes and I with instructions to use it to order dinners in and enjoy our family as times have been so difficult lately, and a card addressed to me saying that something was on the way that would provide "Me time". I was touched, Wes was touched, I cried. I called my friend Jenn, the sender of the package to thank her. It was at this point that she told me to check my email for the "Me time" gift. Sure enough within 10 minutes I had in my inbox a gift certificate to a local spa. I will be having a hot stone massage.

I am so thankful to this group of women for always being there for me, always listening and offering advice and for being great friends in general. I don't think I could ever thank them enough. I love them all!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, I just wish we could all be there in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it Dara. I'm with Jessy - a group hug and a visit would be my first choice, but I'm glad we could let you know we were thinking about you. :-) Jenn

    ReplyDelete