Monday, December 2, 2013

We walked together.

As many of you know, in November our family, along with some friends, participated in the Walk for Wishes. The Walk benefits the Make a Wish Foundation and helps grant Wishes to children in Western and Central NC. Owen is a Wish Kid (we went to Disney World in October, 2011) and this year he wished to help grant another child's Wish. I am proud to say that with the generous donations of friends and family, Team Super O raised enough money to grant half of a Wish with the average Wish costing $6,000. Not bad! Our team was also the 3rd highest family for fundraising out of 86 teams. I cried, which is not surprising. Owen got a cool Dr. Suess-like hat. (Photos to follow soon.) Overall the event raised enough money to grant 13 Wishes, which is wonderful! 

Like last year, a Wish was granted at the Walk. A little girl wished to meet Rapunzel and her family is going to Disney World. She looked to be about 3 years old. They told us the type of cancer. I can't spell the name. Wait, yes I can. Horrible. This is why I walk, why I love Make a Wish.

We will continue to walk together.

No comments:

Post a Comment