Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wild Dunes

We just got back from a wonderful vacation, made possible by my mom's wonderful friend. She owns a condo in SC with 4 other couples, so they each get 10 weeks per year. Dee couldn't go last week, so she graciously offered the use of the condo to our family. We spent a glorious week in Isle of Palms in Mt. Pleasant, SC. My parents, the kids and I headed down on Sunday the 14th. Wes had to work Monday so he joined us Monday night. The condo was directly across from the pool, which the kids loved immediately. The adults ended up lovin' it too! 

We were within short walking distance of the beach, but also had the luxurious option of using the condo's golf cart to drive to a beach access point with cart parking. This is what we did since it was a bit far for O to walk and we had tons of gear to schlep to the beach.

I walked in the morning all but one day that we were there. Once with my mom, once with Wes and the other times alone. Such a beautiful place to walk! A beautiful place to escape too, and that is saying something because I find the place I call home to be quite beautiful. Still, an escape. We still worked, but we played a whole lot more. We were together. We were having such fun! 

Now that we are back, my goal is to continue to look for that escape when I can, take life less seriously (easier said than done for me), and have more fun, especially with my kids. This was not supposed to be a post about how fast they are growing up, but growing up they are!

Wes and I went on a date and had drinks one night. We all went out for dinner on our last night there. Ashley was able to join us on Friday evening for the remainder of the trip, when we left on Sunday the 21st.

All in all it was a great trip, and much needed by all. I will write another post with pictures very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment