Saturday, May 22, 2010

Our New Addition

We are getting a new puppy. What did you think I meant?

We have a 7 year old Golden Retriever, Maggie. She was my first baby. Almost 7 month ago we had to put our 5 year old English Bulldog, Bettis to sleep. It was terrible and still makes me sad everyday. He is greatly missed. I knew that we would most likely get another dog before Maggie passes on (which will hopefully be a long long time from now) because Wes and I both love dogs. We hadn't really talked much about it because we were both missing Bettis so much.
Fast forward... Wes took the interior cushion of on of my dad's boats, which his dad is purchasing, to this place that recovered the seats for one of his other boats. These people happen to also breed Shih Tzu puppies and happened to have a litter of puppies about 2 weeks old. Wes fell in love with them. When we have talked about getting another dog, he has always talked about another Bulldog and I've said we have to wait until the kids are older because frankly they are big and dumb. Never did I think this man would ask me for a Shih Tzu. After much deliberation (Wes is impulsive and I think of every possible scenario/problem that may arise) we decided not to get the puppy. The next day it became clear that Wes really really wanted her so we went to look at the puppies. Of course that meant we were going to adopt her because I would obviously fall in love with her. We put down a deposit and she is ours. She will be getting her shots this Tuesday, May 25 (also mine and Wes' dating anniversary) and we might be able to get her after that. We are really excited and can't wait to bring her home. Wes has already gotten her food and water bowls, puppy food, a harness and leash and toys. He is super excited! Below are some pictures of our little Stella.
Stella sleeping on her brother.

Me holding Stella

Two sisters and their little brown brother

Three cute pups!

Stella and her sister

We are certainly in for an adventure training this puppy and integrating her into our family, but we are very excited and (sort of) ready for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment