Monday, July 25, 2011

A Very Personal Challenge

If you are a regular visitor to the B-Hive, you know that we have been through many challenges as a family in the past 3 years. I have said many times that one of the most important things throughout this journey has been our church family. My faith has been tested. I have prayed to God, thanked Him for the huge blessings in my life, and at times wondered why He has tested us with some of the challenges that He has thrown our way. Sometimes my prayers have sounded a lot like begging, pleading for God's help. No matter how you look at it, my faith has been tested over the past three years. I can also say that sitting here today, my faith is stronger than it has ever been. There is no doubt in my mind that God has not only carried Owen on his journey toward healing, but that he has been right there with me as I have wondered how in the world I would make it through the next days, weeks, months.

Some time ago, I'm not sure exactly how long, I saw a posting on a great friend's Facebook page (I love you Angela!) about reading the Bible in 90 days. At first I scrolled past the link not thinking too much of it. I did kind of a double take and scrolled back to the link. My thought was, "90 days? That is not possible. How could anyone read the entire Bible in such a short period of time?" After thinking about it for a few moments I thought, I'd love to do this. I'd love to do this with Angela who is a strong woman of faith whom I really love and respect. Then I started thinking about the challenge and what it would mean to me to complete it.

Bible in 90 Days
Today marks the beginning of Week 3 of Bible in 90 Days (B90Days). As of today I have read through the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. Tomorrow starts the book of Joshua. Some parts have been particular difficult, slow dense reading or a lot or repetition. Other parts have been so enlightening. All in all I am loving it and am so proud that I am sticking with the challenge and on most days not even finding it particularly difficult. Support and accountability are huge factors as well. There is a huge group of women, other moms, taking this challenge. I was assigned to a group and we check in with a mentor each Monday. I also have Angela reading right along with me, and also a good friend from high school.

I am looking forward to continuing on this journey, learning more about my faith and myself and reading the WHOLE Bible!

1 comment:

  1. I am so honored to have you as a reading partner! I am also thankful that you are a dear friend that I get to walk a special journey with. You have encouraged me daily. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete