Sunday, September 19, 2010

Celebrating Six Years

Yesterday was our sixth wedding anniversary. Not surprisingly, I found this hard to believe. I'm like that with milestones. They sort of sneak up on me. I am busy living life and all of the sudden I am hit with a reminder of the passage of time. Most often it is a good feeling because I love all of the blessings in my life and have no regrets. I love the memories and feel quite nostalgic. On the other hand, sometimes looking at the ups and downs of life (mostly the ups) kicks me in the butt, reminding me to cherish every moment. Time really does fly when you're having fun.

I did have a point. Our anniversary. On September 18, 2004 I stood wearing a white (well, more of an ivory/antique white) dress in a gorgeous church next to a gorgeous man and vowed to love him for the rest of my days. I still get a bit choked up thinking about our wedding ceremony. Thinking of the vows we uttered in front of God and an entire church full of family and friends is just overwhelming. In a good way. At the time the day just felt so huge. I remember the excitement and feelings of joy of our wedding day like it was yesterday. And that is what I had hoped for. While my wedding day was hugely important and I felt so wonderful marrying my very best friend, I was also extremely aware that it was bigger than just that day. Six years later, even as I look back on our special day, I am also looking forward to the future we ahead of us. I have a wonderful, loving and caring husband. We have two beautiful children who are blessed to have such a wonderful, loving and caring father. It is a lot of fun to remember our beautiful wedding, but much more important for me to celebrate our marriage.

I love you Wes. I can't wait to continue to grow together and to make more memories. I feel extremely blessed to have you as my partner as we navigate this sometimes crazy, and always exciting, wonderful life that we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment