Thursday, January 14, 2010

Carter turned 4! (Oops, that was 2 weeks ago.)

My first baby turned 4 on December 31. He always tells everyone that his birthday is New Year's Eve. We tell him that everyone is celebrating his birthday. Things have been crazy as usual so I haven't had a chance to post about Carter's birthday. I truly cannot believe that my baby is 4. He is such a big boy, there is definitely no baby left. He brings a smile to my face every single day, even on the days when he is a challenge. He is smart, sometimes too smart causing him to think he knows best. This has manifested itself in a lot of back talk. He is very strong willed. This can be both a good thing and a hard thing. The amazing thing is he is just. like. me. He even shoots me the same glare that I was famous for during childhood (ok, sometime now too) and the infamous eye roll that got me into so much trouble when I was younger. He sure does give us a run for our money some days, but he is also such a love.

It seems that he has grown up so much in the past year. It seems like there is such a difference from 3 to 4. Carter is in his first year of Pre-K right now. He will have 2 years of Pre-K because of his birthday and the cut-off for Kindergarten. He loves school. He is very social, so inquisitive and loves to learn. I look forward to hearing the things he comes out with. I enjoy that he so enjoys learning. Sometimes he even teaches us things!

One of the things that has made me so proud of Carter is how caring he is and what a wonderful big brother he is to Owen. He loves that Little Man so much. He is so protective of him and loves playing with him (at least most of the time.)

Carter, I love you big guy, and I can't wait to continue on this wonderful adventure with you!

Now for some photos of Carter's birthday!

Mama and Carter celebrating his birthday at school!
Carter eating a cupcake at school to celebrate his birthday.

Mama and Carter playing with his new PlayDoh set from Nana B and Pater B.

Daddy carrying Carter's cake.

Mama and Carter as we sing Happy Birthday.

Carter and his cake.

Pappy feeding Owen some cake.

Carter's Handy Manny cake.

Carter's new remote control Lightning McQueen.

Yay, PlayDoh!

Carter playing with his Mikey Mouse matchbox set from Aunt A and Uncle J.

Mama and the boys, my mom and Grandma- Four Generations!

1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing the pictures of Carter's bday celebration!
    All of you, and especially Owen, are in our prayers for the procedure tomorrow.

    We love you and thank you for keeping us posted since we are so far away.
    Love, Aunt Mary & Uncle Richard

    ReplyDelete